Sunday, November 16, 2008

getting in some "brush" mileage


pumpkin pot and brush
I loved the color of this bronze pot
need to do another one to really get the quality
of this metal.


another one of my wife's window plants
beautiful greens and the pot was
beautiful shades of brown, but I don't think
I captured the beauty of that..
still searching for the depth.....



another of Ruth's plants...
I love the variety in this one. there were
some nice things going on in here...
at least I see a little more depth in
this one.


my pumpkin
this painting was huge(16 X 20) compared
to my other little paintings and it
was one of those ultra smooth prepared
boards...didn't like it... too smooth
and slippery


softball glove and ball
loved the texture of the leather
tried to convey that.. don't know
if I totally succeeded but it doesn't
look too bad for a 45-60 minute painting


an egg on a lego
I thought I'd paint an egg... wow,
I didn't realize how hard it is to
paint an egg. There is a lot of color
and reflected color in an egg.
Need to try one of these again..

No comments: