Saturday, November 15, 2008

a journey, a day, a lifetime starts today....




They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step so today I'm taking that first step. I'm going to try to do a painting everyday and post them up here. Maybe along the way, I'll gain a little more knowledge in color, value and composition. Hopefully I'll refine my technique and perhaps find myself in my art. If nothing else, I'll sure get in the "brush" mileage. And even though I'm starting this blog today, I started these daily paintings right after the BillyO workshop I went to at the end of September. He is a great artist and teacher and I am doing these daily paintings on a suggestion from him. What a great workshop it was! Not that I did the best work there, but I took away so much information. I know that it is going to make such an improvement in my work. I can see some of it already in my work. These paintings I did at the workshop!



I'm going to post some of the daily paintings I did since the workshop......

Here's a banana sitting on a cooler outside on my deck...
I painted it then I ate it....





1 comment:

Lynn said...

I like this painting you did and the saying, "a journey, a day, ..." nice. Keep up the daily paintings, they are all good and just like everything in life, the more you do, the better you are at it...and we certainly learn more for sure. Thanks for sharing.