Sunday, November 16, 2008

more daily paintings...


a brass mug..it had a hammered finish
on it. very hard to render...had to dab
little strokes of paint on it..kind of felt like
Monet.




a banana and an onion...
I didn't eat the onion for breakfast.
Some of these paintings probably
don't look real finished because I am limited
as to the amount of time I get to paint in
the morning. This one had too much in it
to get it all to the degree of finish I would have
liked. But it does force you to put down what
I feel is most important.


brass and banana
I love the warmth of brass but
it is a challenge to render
I like it's reflective quality and
all the colors you can see in it!



an apple, a knife and a rock
I've got to work on my lighting...
the florescent bulbs and my little lamp
create conflicting shadows

No comments: